Special Project Funding
To be eligible to apply for this funding, the project must fulfill the following criteria:
- Be run by currently enrolled Dawson College student(s).
- Target the Dawson College community & student body at large. Project should attempt to reach at least 10% of student body.
- Must have fundraised 20% of project's finances (ex. Project is 1000$, you should have fundraised minum of 200$)
- Be able to demonstrate a significant level of advancement in its planning, preparation,and have the realistic potential of being achieved in the timeframe given. This should include proposal,& detailed budget.
According to the protocol agreement signed between The Dawson Student Union and Dawson College the management of Para-Academic clubs/associations remains the sole responsibility and concern of the College. Project(s) related to Para-Academics will not be funded through the DSU Special Project Funding.
*Para- Academic clubs/associations are defined as those with affiliations to the Academic Sector, which may include the involvement of a faculty or College representative, require affiliation with the College for competition purposes and are associated with academically oriented pursuits.
Special Project Funding is awarded 4 times a year. The deadlines for Special Project Funding Requests for FALL 2016/WINTER 2017 are :
- SPF Deadline Monday October 10th 2016 - 4:30pm / Decision Meeting Monday October 17th 2016 - 4:30pm
- SPF Deadline Monday November 28th 2016 - 4:30pm / Decision Meeting Monday December 5th 2016 - 4:30pm
- SPF Deadline Monday February 6th 2016 - 4:30pm / Decision Meeting Monday February 13th 2016 - 4:30pm
- SPF Deadline Monday March 27th 2016 - 4:30pm / Decision Meeting Monday April 3rd 2016 - 4:30pm
All funding is provided to projects in the form of reimbursement expenses. Approved projects will be required to submit ORIGINAL receipts for all requisitioned expenditures. *Large sum cheques will require an invoice*.
Please contact the DSU Treasurer - Shanti Pierce (Treasurer@dawsonstudentunion.com) or
DSU Chairperson - Anthony Williams (Chairperson@dawsonstudentunion.com) should you have any questions regarding your application.